Grant Overview and Timeline
The Robertson County Economic Development Board’s Experience Robertson County Tourism Grants are made possible through funding allocated from the county’s collected Occupancy Tax paid by visitors staying in our community’s hotels, motels and Airbnb/VRBO short-term rentals. These grants are awarded based on funds available, quantity of requests received and grant matrix scoring. Total grant requests may exceed allocated funding budget, and proposed projects may not be funded and/or not fully funded.
The 2024 Tourism Grant applications have closed. Stay tuned for 2025 applications to open in early spring.
The average 2024 grant award was 60% of the requested amount, as the Board received a record-breaking 23 grant submissions and distributed $84,000.
- Eligible events and projects must take place between July 1 of the current year through June 30 of the upcoming year
- Fiscal Year 2024 application deadline was 7/31/2023 (for events and projects running 7/1/23-6/30/24)
- Grants are paid on a reimbursement basis. Grantees must submit invoices and proof of payment to receive reimbursement up to the approved amount. This includes, but is not limited to bank statement, credit card statement, cleared check, etc.; QuickBooks copies or copies of the front of the check does not fulfill this requirement.
- As applicable, grant recipients must have an updated Experience Robertson County Tourism brand logo on related event homepage with click-through link to www.experiencerobertson.com. RCEDB will provide logo artwork.
- As applicable, grant recipients receiving funds related to an event must submit event details to email@example.com for https://experiencerobertson.com/events/
- Applications were due to RCEDB by end of day July 31st
- Submissions reviewed in August
- Notifications made by August 31st
- Final report and reimbursement request, including proof of purchase documentation, due to RCEDB within 90 days of occurrence; if items in their entirety are not submitted within that timeframe, they will no longer be eligible for reimbursement and the grant is forfeited
- Reimbursements will be issued by RCEDB within 30 business days of final report and reimbursement request submission